My mom got divorced from my dad when I was only 15. Oh, you know the pains? You know the stress of bringing me up without Dad? I do miss him.
It’s my turn, am growing so fast but the incident that happened 11 years ago scared me a lot. Is it all about getting married? Oh, I don’t want to divorce. Oh, am scared of settling down.
I contacted all the married couples and divorcées I knew face to face, through calls and emails just to ask them the real secret in making a marriage successful?
I quickly put them together.
READ THEIR SINCERE WORDS OF WISDOM BELOW:
- OPEN UP TO EACH OTHER: when you say you do, what were you expecting? Oh, lack of communication has a great way of making a marriage collapse. Most importantly, open up on everything you are feeling, whether good or bad. You can’t be happy and comfortable when your communication with your partner is limited.
- Always remember there must be quarreling, but your sense of reconciling so quick can save you a lot of problems.
- You see sex? You see the kiss? You see touching? Never fail to give it when needed. It’s so easy to get out of this usual thing between the couple which always brings distantly. Intimacy and the physical connection should keep you both so connected. Deny your partner his or her right and am sorry when you see him or her cheat
- Don’t forget what you are in for because of raising kids. Kids will still grow up
- Always consider saving your marriage a big thing. Since you dream of a lasting relationship, are you going to care about who did or did not run the washer when you remember last 10 years?always forgive.
- Fill the fridge with his drinks and fruits or in summary, whatever he loves eating.
- Always bring out time for yourself, do what makes you happy. Remember to have a lasting marriage, couples have to be individually fulfilled.
- Are dumb this time? Never use the silent treatment with your partner. Be fast in talking about things that bother you before you explode
- Lets go of things so easily if you are hurt. Don’t always put yourself first. Might it sound like a bad idea right? Okay, see, try rating how much you need to do something. If your own scale is two and your partner’s scale is six, please just forget it.
- Always try out new things. Give your partner a surprise gift.Change things at least once in a while.
- Celebrate every good news, it creates room to make you feel new.
- Always be nice to your partner. That thing that made you choose him or she should always remain a reason to be kind to them.
- Are you running out of patience just because there is a breakdown in finance? calm down, it’s going to be good.
- Find new hobbies, like riding donkeys on the beach on weekends, cooking competition, or doing something that will entice you both.
- Be sure to marry someone you like spending time with.
- Please if you need something, talk and don’t expect them to read minds. Tell them how you feel.
- when you are tired, overworked, or have kids you don;t need money to reconnect. just your attention and time can do great wonders.
- Always remind them how much you love them
- always budget together. talk about your plans and dreams and plan for the future.
- oh, you forgot how you party together then you were wishing to have them? why did you stop? because you are married to them? oh, this is the best time to go for events together.
- surprise each other with chocolates, and special gifts as you do before you got married.
- support and build your partner to be all they want.
- have a sense of humor and don’t be too mean
- finally, don’t forget what made you accept their proposal. even if it’s hard to stay, follow this steps and get back your happiness in the marriage.